3 días - 18 horas
This Oracle VM Server for x86: Administration training teaches you how to build the infrastructure for open cloud computing. Learn to deploy pooled server resources to create virtual machines supporting enterprise applications.
- Use cloning with templates to create additional virtual entities
- Install the Oracle VM Server for x86 and the Oracle VM Manager
- Exercise high availability, live migration and anti-affinity policy
- Explore and use the Oracle VM Manager UI and CLI
- Discover and manage Oracle VM servers
- Add networks and storage to support the Oracle VM environment
- Create and manage server pools
- Create and populate repositories with virtual resources
- Perform the steps to create and operate virtual machines
Contenidos del curso
Introducing Oracle VM with Oracle VM Server for x86
- What is Server Virtualization
- Advantages and Challenges of Server Virtualization
- Oracle VM within Server Virtualization Landscape
- Components and architecture of Oracle VM
- Features of Oracle VM
- Benefits of Oracle VM
Planning and Installation
- Installation Planning
- Hardware and Software Requirements
- Network and Storage Planning
- Installation Options and Processes
- Postinstallation Tasks
- Upgrading Oracle VM Server for x86 Servers
Managing Servers and Networks
- Discovering Oracle VM Servers
- Managing Oracle VM Servers
- Understanding Network Functions
- Creating Network Bonds, VLANs, VLAN Interfaces
- Creating and Managing Networks
- Storage Types and Functions
- Storage Connect Framework
- Discovering File Server and SAN Server
- Managing Storage Elements
- Creating and Cloning Physical Disks
Server Pools and Repositories
- Server Pool Functions and Policies
- Distributed Resource Scheduling and Dynamic Power Management
- Server Pool Design
- Creating Server Pools
- Creating and Populating Repositories
- Cloning Virtual Disks
Managing Virtual Machines
- Virtual Machine Components
- PVM and HVM Guests
- Installing Guest Operating Systems
- Speeding Deployment with Templates and Virtual Appliances
- Cloning of Virtual Machines and Templates
- High Availability Feature
- Virtual Machine Console
- Migrating Virtual Machines and using Anti-Affinity Groups
- Support Engineer
- System Administrator
- Technical Administrator
- Web Administrator
- Plan a virtual solution.
- Install Oracle VM Server for x86 and Oracle VM Manager software.
- Configure network resources for isolation and redundancy.
- Add SAN and NFS to provide storage in the virtual environment.
- Create server pools and repositories to support application loads.
- Accelerate the deployment of virtual machines by using virtual templates and appliances.
- Use virtual machine high availability.
- Use server pool policies to optimize server performance.
Using oracle VM application-centric architecture differs from traditional virtualization. Designed to support an application stack and ease of management, Oracle VM provides IT stack virtualization with a full lifecycle. This course explains how to consolidate the server footprint and use the tools to deploy or consolidate workloads to a virtualized environment or migrate to an open cloud infrastructure.
Ease of deployment and management
This product is designed to cope with all kinds of different loads, with a focus on the ease of deployment and management of Oracle applications. The course also shows how to create server pools that take advantage of existing storage and network infrastructure. This allows storage to be managed seamlessly from a central point using Oracle VM Storage Connect. You will learn how to use features such as anti-affinity groups and the Dynamic Resource Scheduling policy to implement and manage interconnections between virtual machines running your multi-tier enterprise applications.
There are many practical exercises that allow you to practice creating a virtual environment. You will be able to acquire the skills that will then allow you to size your own virtual environment to cope with the most demanding loads.
- Ability to administer a Linux environment and implement a virtual infraestructura using any virtualization platform.
- Familiarity with Link aggregation and VLAN technologies
- Familiarity with Networking principles
- Familiarity with Storage concepts: iSCSI, NFS, FC
- Familiarity with Thin provisioning
Cursos ELS Oracle IT Infraestructure
Presencial | Learning virtual class
Propia del fabricante