3 días - 18 horas
This Oracle Solaris 11 ZFS Administration training expands your mastery of the ZFS facilities management in the Oracle Solaris 11 operating system. You are presented with complex and integrated ZFS administration concepts that are supported by an intensive hands-on experience.
- Establish user quotas and storage reservations on ZFS resources
- Backup and restore ZFS pools and datasets
- Configure and manage ZFS datasets over the iSCSI protocol
- Configure and manage ZFS files systems over the SMB protocol
- Configure and manage ZFS files systems over the NFS protocol
- Create and manage ZFS Datasets
- Create and manage ZFS Pools
- Manage the ZFS Root Pool
- Plan for ZFS installation
- Delegate ZFS administration to trusted users
- Migrate ZFS datasets to other systems
- Protect your ZFS-based data using ACLs
- Encrypt your ZFS-based data
- Monitor ZFS pool and dataset health and performance
- Tune ZFS attributes
- Troubleshoot ZFS-related faults
Contenidos del curso
- Course Goals
- Course Agenda
- Your Learning Center
- Your Lab Environment
Planning for Data Management
- Describe other technologies that work with ZFS
- Identifying the Data Storage Requirements of the Business Application
- Identifying the Root Pool Management Requirements
- Identifying the Oracle Solaris ZFS Components Configuration and Management Requirements
- Identifying the ZFS Properties Configuration Requirements
- Identifying access requirements
- Identifying the Business Data Backup and Recovery Requirements
- Protecting Data Using ZFS ACLs
- Using ZFS Delegated Administration
ZFS Pools and Datasets
- Using ZFS Pools
- Discussing ZFS datasets
- Introducing snapshots and clones
General ZFS Administration
- Configuring ZFS properties
- Encrypting ZFS data
- Migrating ZFS data
- Using other protocols on ZFS
Backups and Recovery
- Implement a plan for backing up and restoring ZFS data
- Back up ZFS data using snapshots
- Back up and restore ZFS data remotely
- Using Unified Archives (UA)
Optimizing ZFS workloads
- Storage Pool Practices
- File System Practices
- Disk I/O
- ZFS Tuning Parameters
Monitoring and Troubleshooting
- Identifying ZFS problems
- Resolving ZFS problems
- Repairing damaged ZFS configurations
- Manage the ZFS root pool.
- Manage ZFS pools and data sets.
- Provision remote storage clients.
- Backup and restore ZFS pools and data sets.
- Migrate ZFS data sets to other systems.
- Protect your ZFS-based data. Monitor, tune and troubleshoot ZFS environment.
By taking this course, system administrators will learn how to get the most out of ZFS on your systems. You'll walk away with the ability to use ZFS with other technologies; you'll also know how to use ZFS to fulfill business needs by following the example of the fictional company presented within the course.
Explore Advanced Technologies
This course highlights an array of advanced subjects and technologies. These include managing the ZFS root pool, protecting data using ZFS access control lists and implementing the ZFS delegated administration model.
- Support Engineer
- System Administrator
- Technical Consultant
- Oracle Solaris 11 System Administration Ed 4
- Oracle Solaris 11 Advanced System Administration Ed 4
- Experience with Oracle Solaris zones
- Knowledge of the Oracle Solaris 11 operating system
- Knowledge of the ZFS file system
Oracle Solaris & Linux