Design, build, and test OpenShift HA cluster
Red Hat OpenShift Administration II teaches you how to build robust clusters that provide high availability and the ability to run large numbers of applications. You will learn about OpenShift integration with datacenter infrastructure such as load balancers, identity management, monitoring, proxies, and storage. You will also develop more troubleshooting and Day 2 operations skills in this course.
This course is based on Red Hat® OpenShift Container Platform 3.6.
You will design an OpenShift HA cluster, then build and test it. You will use this cluster to examine more advanced topics in the administration and operation of a robust OpenShift cluster in the remainder of the course.
- Understand container and OpenShift architecture.
- Create containerized services.
- Manage containers and container images.
- Create custom container images.
- Deploy containerized applications on Red Hat OpenShift.
- Deploy multi-container applications.
Contenidos del curso
Design a highly available cluster
Design an OpenShift cluster that supports high availability and resiliency.
Prepare to install an HA cluster
Configure the advanced installer and prepare the cluster environment for HA installation.
Configure OpenShift to use custom certificates
Configure the OpenShift cluster to use custom certificates.
Build an HA cluster
Use the advanced installation method to build an HA OpenShift cluster.
Provision persistent storage
Describe storage providers, configure a provider, create a storage class, and test the configuration.
Enable log aggregation
Consolidate useful data for analysis by enabling the log aggregation feature.
Maintain an OpenShift cluster
Perform recurring maintenance activities on an OpenShift cluster.
Manage system resources
Manage operating system and cluster resources for optimal performance.
Configure security providers
Configure security providers and advanced security options.
Configure networking options
Configure various advanced networking features and options.
Note: Course outline is subject to change with technology advances and as the nature of the underlying job evolves. For questions or confirmation on a specific objective or topic, contact us.
This course is designed for Linux® system administrators who want to deploy and manage a large-scale Red Hat® OpenShift Container Platform environment in their datacenters.
- Become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator, or demonstrate equivalent experience
- Attend Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift (DO180) or demonstrate equivalent experience with containers, Kubernetes, and OpenShift
- Attend Red Hat OpenShift Administration I (DO280) or demonstrate equivalent experience with OpenShift
- Recommended, but not required: become a Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Administration (EX280)
Impact on the organization
This course is intended to develop the skills needed to administer and operate large, fault-tolerant OpenShift clusters. You will design and implement a highly available and high-performance OpenShift cluster. These skills will allow the organization to provide and maintain a resilient platform on which developers can deploy production-scale containerized applications.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to design, install, and configure a highly available and high-performance OpenShift cluster. You will learn how to adapt the OpenShift cluster to work with existing infrastructure, such as security and storage providers. You should be able to perform various Day 2 operational procedures intended to maintain an efficient OpenShift cluster. You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Design and install a highly available cluster.
- Provision persistent storage using dynamic allocation.
- Install the GlusterFS Container Native Storage solution on an OpenShift cluster.
- Enable log aggregation across the cluster.
- Perform diagnostics on the cluster.
- Back up and restore critical data for the cluster.
- Manage OpenShift and operating system resources to keep the cluster running efficiently.
- Configure the LDAP security provider.
- Describe and install the Open vSwitch multitenant software-defined networking provider.
Cursos Red Hat Devops
Propia del fabricante