5 días - 25 horas
This training course teaches database and business intelligence (BI) professionals how to plan and design a BI solution that is based on Microsoft SQL Server 2014 and other Microsoft BI technologies.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan a BI solution.
- Plan SQL Server BI infrastructure.
- Design a data warehouse.
- Design an extract, transform and load (ETL) solution.
- Design analytical data models.
- Plan a BI delivery solution.
- Design a Reporting Services solution.
- Design a Microsoft Excel-based reporting solution.
- Plan a SharePoint Server BI solution.
- Monitor and optimize a BI solution.
- Operate a BI solution.
Contenidos del curso
Module 1: Planning a BI Solution
This module enables students to plan the components of a BI Solution.
- Elements of a BI Solution
- Planning a BI Project
- The Microsoft BI Platform
Lab : Planning BI Solutions
Module 2: Planning SQL Server Business Intelligence Infrastructure
This module describes how to use plan appropriate BI Infrastructure given a set of BI Parameters.
- Considerations of BI Infrastructure
- Planning Data Warehouse Hardware
Lab : Planning BI Infrastructure
Module 3: Designing a Data Warehouse
This module describes how to design a data warehouse given a set of user requirements.
- Data Warehouse Design Overview
- Designing Dimension Tables
- Design FACT tables
Lab : Designing a Data Warehouse Logical Schema
Module 4: Designing an ETL solution
This lesson describes how to design an extract, transform and load (ETL) solution.
- ETL Overview
- Planning for Data Extraction
- Planning for Data Transformations
- Planning for Data Loading
Lab : Designing an ETL Solution
Module 5: Designing Analytical Data Models
This module describes how to design analytical data models for specific BI scenarios.
- Introduction to Analytical data Models
- Designing Analytical Data Models
Lab : Designing Analytical Data ModelLab : Designing Dimensions and Hierarchies
Module 6: Planning a BI Delivery Solution
This module describes how to choose an appropriate delivery solution for a given scenario.
- Considerations for BI delivery
- Common Reporting Scenarios
- Choosing a Reporting Tool
Lab : Planning a BI Delivery Solution
Module 7: Designing a Reporting Services Solution
This module describes how to design a reporting services solution.
- Planning a Reporting Solution
- Designing Reports
- Planning Report Consistency
Lab : Designing a Reporting Services Solution
Module 8: Designing an Excel Based reporting Solution
In this module students will learn how to design a reporting solution using Excel.
- Using Excel for Data Reporting and Analysis
- PowerPivot in Excel
- Power View in Excel
Lab : Designing and Excel Reporting Solution
Module 9: Planning a SharePoint Server BI Solution
This module introduces the use of SharePoint Server as a BI solution.
- Introduction to SharePoint Server as a BI Platform
- Planning Security for a SharePoint Server BI Solution
- Planning Reporting Services Configuration
- Planning PowerPivot Configuration
- Planning for PerformancePoint Services
Lab : Implementing a SharePoint Server BI SolutionLab : Implementing PerformancePoint Services
Module 10: Monitoring and Optimizing a BI Solution
At the conclusion of this module you will be able to optimize and monitor a BI solution.
- Overview of BI Monitoring
- Monitoring and Optimizing the Data Warehouse
- Monitoring and Analyzing Analysis Services
- Monitoring and Optimizing Reporting Services
Lab : Monitoring and Optimizing a BI Solution
Module 11: Operating a BI Solution
At the conclusion of this module you will be able to plan management and maintenance operations of a BI solution.
- Overview of BI Operations
- ETL Operations
- Data Warehouse Operations
- Analysis Services Operations
- Reporting Services Operations
Lab : Operating a BI Solution
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- A basic understanding of dimensional modeling (star schema) for data warehouses
- Basic server hardware knowledge
- The ability to create Integration Services packages that include control flows and data flows
- The ability to create a basic multidimensional cube with Analysis Services
- The ability to create a basic tabular model with PowerPivot and Analysis Services
- The ability to create Reporting Services reports with Report Designer
- The ability to implement authentication and permissions in the SQL Server database engine, Analysis Services, and Reporting Services
- Familiarity with SharePoint Server and Microsoft Office applications – particularly Excel
This course is not designed for students who are new to SQL Server 2014 BI technologies; it is targeted at BI professionals with experience of implementing solutions with SQL Server database Engine, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, and SQL Server Reporting Services.
SQL Server 2012/2014
Propia del fabricante