3 días - 15 horas
The main purpose of the course is to give students a good understanding of data analysis with Power BI. The course includes creating visualizations, the Power BI Service, and the Power BI Mobile App.
- Perform Power BI desktop data transformation.
- Describe Power BI desktop modelling.
- Create a Power BI desktop visualization.
- Implement the Power BI service.
- Describe how to connect to Excel data.
- Describe how to collaborate with Power BI data.
- Connect directly to data stores.
- Describe the Power BI developer API.
- Describe the Power BI mobile app.
Contenidos del curso
- Module 1: Introduction to Self-Service BI Solutions Introduces business intelligence (BI) and how to self-serve with BI.
- Introduction to business intelligence
- Introduction to data analysis
- Introduction to data visualization
- Overview of self-service BI
- Considerations for self-service BI
- Microsoft tools for self-service BI
- Module 2: Introducing Power BI This module introduces Power BI desktop, and explores the features that enable the rapid creation and publication of sophisticated data visualizations.
- Power BI
- The Power BI service
- Module 3: Power BI At the end of this module students will be able to explain the rationale and advantages of using Power BI.
- Using Excel as a data source for Power BI
- The Power BI data model
- Using databases as a data source for Power BI
- The Power BI service
- Module 4: Shaping and Combining Data With Power BI desktop you can shape and combine data with powerful, buil-in tools. This module introduces the tools that are available for preparing your data, and transforming it into a form ready for reporting.
- Power BI desktop queries
- Shaping data
- Combining data
- Module 5: Modeling data This module describes how to shape and enhance data.
- DAX queries
- Calculations and measures
- Module 6: Interactive Data Visualizations This module describes how to create and manage interactive data visualizations.
- Creating Power BI reports
- Managing a Power BI solution
- Module 7: Direct Connectivity This module describes various connectivity options using Power BI.
- Cloud data
- Connecting to analysis services
- Module 8: The Developer API This module describes the developer API within Power BI.
- The developer API
- Custom visuals
- Module 9: Power BI mobile app This module describes the Power BI mobile app.
- Power BI mobile apps
- Using the Power BI mobile app
- Power BI embedded
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases and reporting.
- Some basic knowledge of data warehouse schema topology (including star and snowflake schemas).
- Some exposure to basic programming constructs (such as looping and branching).
- An awareness of key business priorities such as revenue, profitability, and financial accounting is desirable.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications – particularly Excel.
The course will likely be attended by SQL Server report creators who are interested in alternative methods of presenting data.
Power BI Microsoft